background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Name of the Game is...

I have been raised in church my whole life.  I might as well have been born in the church nursery.  That's where it all began.  I am so blessed to have been born into a Christian family.  My testimony does not include a life before where I was a drunk, a drug addict, or sleeping around with all the boys.  I was simply a sinner, am a sinner.  But by the grace of God I have been saved! What a wonderful thing to say!  I have some time (and by time I mean all the live long day) in my daily life where I am on the computer, so I might as well document my thoughts and let you inside my head. Pretty scary, huh?

I was thinking about 2 Timothy 4:7 which says, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."  The author of the Timothys in the Bible was Paul.  Now his testimony is far more complex than mine.  He killed and persecuted Christians before he came to know the Lord.  At the time when he wrote 2 Timothy, he knew his life had been complete according to God's will.  He had preached the Word and glorified God in all that he did.  He even spent time in prison for being a Christian! Praise God we live in a free country where that doesn't happen!

But....and this is a huge BUT! The next verse declares Paul's future as well as mine.  "Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing."  I cannot wait to meet my Savior face to face.  What a wonderful day that will be! I feel like breaking out in song right here but I won't.  As Carrie Underwood puts it, "this is my temporary home."  My life is not yet complete here on this earth and I will patiently wait for God's plan to be made through me.  In the meantime, I will try my best to glorify God in all that I do.  He died on the cross to pay for my sins.  The least I can do is give my life back to Him!

Keep the faith!

Jennifer Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment