background

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Q: Are you 22 or 23? A: Neither, I'm 25.

I went to a birthday party on Friday for my friend Ashley.  She just turned 27, although she certainly doesn't look it.  I think nowadays people look younger as they get older.  One of my brother's friends'(and one of my newest friends as well), Gina for example, does not look her age which will be disclosed as I think she would not want me to mention it here.  Oh heck, I'll say it. She's 31.  If you saw her though, you would think maybe 27 or 28 as I did.  She thanked me of course because every woman wants others to think she is younger than she actually is.

The party was really fun.  We had chips and dip, red velvet cake, pop, and spirits which I have recently learned means mixed drinks.  Mine was pretty good.  I am not a beer drinker, so I had a fruity drink which gave me a headache.  Not a hangover headache, just a headache because I do not drink regularly.  I probably had my last drink about 3 years ago when I visited my friend Jamie at school in Kentucky.  I might have had a rum in coke last year at the karaoke bar, but I don't know.  Needless to say, I do not drink.  I'd rather have water!

Some of us girls played Boulder Dash where you are given 4 categories and one player reads one of the categories and writes down the real answer, and the rest of us write down what we think the answer is.  Then the one player who read the questions reads all the answers and we have to choose which one we think is correct.  We only played one round, but it was fun in the moment.

We also played a video game called Let's Dance on the Wii.  Have you heard of it?! (*my sarcasm is coming out*).  Of course you've heard of the Wii.  Well if you haven't heard of it, it's a video game console where you use the motion of your body as you hold the Wiimotes (Wii Remote).  It's only the most popular video game in the world.  I did not dance but it was fun watching the others dance, badly I might add.  Actually Gina was the best and kicked everyone's butt.

The funniest part of the night had to have been when my sister-in-law Nikki looked at me and asked, "Are you 22 or 23?"  I looked at her and laughed and said, "Neither. I'm 25."  She asked for reasons which might have to be a whole blog in itself, but she was thinking that my sister turned 21 this year so I had to be the next in line which I am not because my brother is younger than me.  It was just funny.  I guess you had to be there.

Jennifer Nicole

1 comment:

  1. While I thank you ever so much for making me younger than I really am, I'm actually 32. I would like to thank my pasty-white-Michigan-tan skin, my lack of smoking and awesome genetics, without which I would look haggard. ;)

    ReplyDelete