background

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The weather is changing and I can feel my nose getting stuffy.

Harvest time is almost here! I can almost smell the apple cider and pumpkin pie as it passes through the house and into my nose when I walk in the door!  This is such a special time of year.  Soon the leaves will be changing into the most beautiful arranges of greens, reds, oranges, and yellows.  I can picture myself walking my dog and filling my nostrils with the aroma of freshly cut grass.  Hmmm... Autumn has a lot to do with smells!  Well, let's talk about some of the things we get to do in the Fall, shall we?

I always look forward to doing things outdoors in the Fall.  Cider Mills, apple picking, pumpkin patches, hayrides, bonfires, cook outs, playing in the leaves, etc...  I love it all!  September through November, sometimes December depending on Michigan weather, allows for so many activities.  I enjoy spending time with my friends and family.  Last year my church went to a farm for a hayride where the wagon was in the shape of an ark, as in Noah's ark.  We had many different and yummy types of chili, although I only ate the white bean chicken chili, and corn bread.  Mmm mmm, cornbread!  We also sat around a camp fire and listened to the Word of God being taught to us as we sat under the stars.  The sky was so clear that night and the air was cool.  It was a beautiful sight.  Here are a few pictures from that night!


   I can't wait for Autumn to get here.  My mom and I already spotted a tree with it's leaves changing colors.  So exciting!!

Thanks for reading.

Jennifer Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment