background

Friday, October 29, 2010

Countdown of the Scariest Movies Ever!

In 2004, Bravo aired a mini series titled The 100 Scariest Movie Moments and to tell you the truth I have only seen a handful of these.  Oddly enough my top 10 is pretty close to Bravo's top ten.  Shocking.  You can find the complete list here.

Here are my top ten scariest movies ever!!

 #10 Signs
Signs was directed by the brilliant M. Night Shyamalan in 2002.  This movie still gives me the chills.  It's so suspenseful with the music and the way the aliens appear on the screen.  When they are in the basement and the arm of an alien grabs the boy; or when Graham cuts the finger off of one of them; and certainly the ending makes me jump out of my seat every time!  When the alien gets into Graham's house and Graham pulls the TV out into the living room you see the alien's reflection in the TV!! Creepy!  The funny part of the movie is when the boy and his uncle are wearing the aluminum foil hats!

#9 Texas Chainsaw Massacre
A lot of screaming.  A lot of people being chased, hit in the head, killed.  No blood ever shown on screen.  And yet this movie is considered one of the scariest movies of all time.  It may not have had the best acting, and the story of a killing family was a little unimaginative (I mean come on, it was the 70s), but this film did the trick; it scared the crap out of me!  I'm so glad I never saw this movie in theaters because I might have run right out of there.  I went to a haunted forest one time and one of the characters had a chainsaw, granted the chain was not on the machine and it just made the noise of a chainsaw, but it still creeped me out.  The scariest part of this movie is when Kirk enters the house and Leatherface hits him over the head and Kirk's body falls to the ground and starts shaking *Shivers in her skin*.  I've only seen this movie once and that is enough for me!  I don't like movies where some guy wearing the skin of another human on his face as a mask chases people with a chainsaw. No thanks. I'll pass.

#8 The Others
I can remember seeing this movie when it came out in theaters.  I went with a group of friends.  We sat near the top and I sat next to my friend Kristin.  I didn't catch on to the fact that Nicole Kidman's character and her kids were actually the ones that dead.  I'm slow like that.  But the scariest part of this movie was near the end of film.  The two children were hiding in a closet and the screen was black which meant the theater was pitch black.  You couldn't see anything.  Suddenly you hear the voice of an old woman.  Kristin nearly tore my skin off.  I mean I jumped too, don't get me wrong, it did scare the pee out of me.  But what really scared me is Kristin grabbed my arm and dug her nails into my skin.  I wasn't expecting her to freak out like that.  So not only is the theater dark and a suddenly a woman speaks out of no where, but my friend grabs my arm at the same time!!!  We had a good laugh afterward.

#7 Misery
"I'm your number one fan."  Kathy Bates has got to be the creepiest stalker of all time portrayed in this film.  I can't watch this movie without cringing or reaching for my ankles.  You all know what I am talking about.  If you haven't seen this movie, DON'T; unless you really do like misery.  Get it, cuz the movie is called Misery.  Nevermind.  Well, the scariest and most bone crunching scene in this movie is when Kathy Bates' character puts a block of wood between Paul's feet.  She then pulls out a sledge hammer and slams it into each foot breaking at the ankle.  All so he wouldn't try to escape her craziness.  Even talking about it makes my ankles hurt.  And not only is the thought of it gross, but they actually showed his ankles dangle over the side of the wood!! I'm getting creeped out now.

Stay tuned for my countdown to the scariest movies ever!!

Jennifer Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment