background

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Countdown of the Scariest Movies Ever!

Continuing with my countdown...

#6 When A Stranger Calls (1979)
I think this movie is very freaky because this could actually happen.  When I was in high school, my church youth group had girl's nights.  We had a sleep over one night and for some reason we watched When A Stranger Calls, the original.  And let me tell you, it was scary!  It's about a babysitter who is stalked by some guy, that calls from within the house, and ends up killing the kids she is babysitting.  Well, we were all laying on the floor, watching the movie, and at some point there was a scene that made you jump, and the girl next to be grabbed my arm.  What is it about my arm that people grab during scary movies!? Do I want you to grab my arm? No.  I'd watch scary movies alone for that reason but I just can't.  I need someone's arm to grab if I get scared.

#5 Halloween
For some reason I did watch this movie alone, but it was on TV so I could change the channel if I knew something was about to happen.  I don't know why I do that.  My friend Sarah would just cover her ears if something was about to happen, but I wouldn't want to watch it either. I'd be covering my ears and my eyes!  Anyways, I was watching Halloween on TV because I heard it was a really great movie.  Well it wasn't.  There was killing, and blood, and stalking.  Creepy!  It's not revealed until Halloween II, but Michael Myers is Laurie Strode's brother and that is why he stalked her.  The theme song to Halloween is pretty scary too.  That's how you know when Michael is around, the music starts to play.  And why does he have to wear a mask.  We all know his name and where he used to live.  So why does he cover his face with a freaky mask? I'm just saying, it's weird.

#4 Pet Sematary
I absolutely did not like this movie!  A cemetery that brings things back to life but not in a good way....CRAZY!  It's kind of like Chucky only it's a real kid that comes back to life and kills his family.  The part where he is hiding under the bed and cuts the old man's ankles grosses me out.  Again with the ankles!!  I just can't take it anymore! 

# 3 Friday the 13th
The name says it all.  It has bad luck written all over it.  I told you that the killer wasn't Jason, right?  Yes, yes I did.  It was his mother in the first film because she wanted revenge on all counselors because her son drowned while no one was looking.  So she shows up at the camp where her son died because some counselors are trying to get it up and running again.  Well, she kills all but one girl, mainly because she didn't get naked, have sex, and she wasn't a jerk.  You're pretty much going to end up dead if you do one of those three things.  It's a given.  Or if you're Kevin Bacon.  He gets a knife of some kind shoved in him from underneath the bed.  That was gross.  But the stupidest part was when the girl was in the shower and all she does is stand there as the killer is approaching her.  Run you fool!! Why would just stand there and scream? At least try to run for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment